Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A journey on the treadmill

I can't remember the last time I got on a treadmill.  It's been a while.  Actually, I can, but I won't bore you with THAT...suffice it to say it was around mid-2006 when my husband was deployed for his 2nd tour in Iraq (3rd deployment overall).

I walked a fairly slow speed, about an 18:45 pace, for over an hour.  I burned almost 500 calories, walked about 3.34 miles and I'm feeling really good right now.  Talk about rubber legs!  Wooweee, baby!  Perhaps even a tad dizzy after I got off the machine.  Needless to say, I'm going back again tomorrow! :)  I really have enjoyed going to the gym after I get out of school.

Maybe soon, I'll start to notice some change!  I'd be really REALLY happy to start to see the numbers on the scale go down a bit, but I'd really just like to start getting my heart into shape.

So, now it's time to hit the showers.  I feel all slime-y and smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment