Sunday, May 23, 2010

The journey to de-cluttering

Oh yes, just as painful as it sounds, I have been in the process of de-cluttering my life and my house. My friend K has been helping me do that by helping me go through boxes that haven't seen the light of day in years. My husband has been getting me furniture to put things away and I have slowly, but surely de-junked my life. It's not all done, far from it, for you see, I am a pack-rat. There are still stacks of junk and stuff I don't really need or want, but I don't have the heart to get rid of it. It's been a really hard journey. As I look at things, I remember. I then take that stuff, remember one last time and ingrain it to memory and away it goes.

Books are harder for me to do that with, especially some really old encyclopedias that I got from my grandmother after she died and father before he sold his house to move in with my step-mother. I will never read them, I will never use them, but these books are seriously OLD. I probably *should* donate them to a library, but I will always wonder what happened to them. For now, they will remain in boxes stored away. As for my recent reads, most of them will be donated or sold to a used book dealer. Because my husband is in the military, we move a lot and books are heavy items to move and a pain because they collect dust and when they get moved, said dust that has settled comes back up again!

Since I decided that I wanted to simplify my life, I've noticed that it's easier to keep things clean, but I'm still not to the point where I have no stacks. I'll get there. Eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment