Monday, May 24, 2010

The journey to fitness

Since I am de-cluttering my life, it stands to reason that part of that de-cluttering is losing body weight...just the same as it is "losing weight" in my garage! I'm not terribly overweight, but I am overweight for my body frame, which happens to be small. I'm tall, though, so I can carry a tad bit more weight, but as it stands right now, I'm just on the cusp of normal and overweight, BMI-speaking. I don't have to be itty-bitty anymore, afterall, I am trying to get pregnant, but I do actually need to slim down some.

Currently, I am weighing in at roughly 180 lbs. My "ideal weight" is 135, but I haven't seen that since I came back from Iraq in 2003. It's probably not very likely that I'll see that weight again for a while. My "happy weight" is between 145-150. I'm not even all that uncomfortable at 155. So, my goal is to get in that range again. But my weight loss won't even be noticeable until I've lost 15 lbs; that's the problem with being an apple shape. I gain all my weight around my middle and a little in the hips, thighs and face. But after I start losing the weight around my middle, then I start to lose the excess fat around my boobs, legs and face.

I have started swimming again. This is how I'm going to get fit and lose weight. I went to the pool a few weeks ago before I had my surgery and haven't been able to go again until today. It felt good to get back in the water. I'm going to have to get used to the smell of chlorine again. It's an awful smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment