Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Journey to deployment

Well, the deployment dates have more or less been nailed down.  It's right around the corner.  Finish up with the summer term at the very beginning of July and then we're doing a 3 week venture into England, Scotland and Ireland.  I'm really looking forward to the trip, but I know right after that, I'm going to have to tell my husband goodbye, something I am not looking forward to and I'm not sure I really want to think about.  I will keep myself busy as my company's FRG leader.  Good news, though.  I now have a co-leader and I am really relieved that I don't have to do 250 soldiers and their families during deployment all by myself.

The more that I think about it, the sadder I become.  I have an exam tomorrow and all I can concentrate on right now is the fact that my husband's going to Iraq.  I really, REALLY need to hit the books tonight.  I foresee this as a very long night and I haven't done an all-night study session since...well, not since I've been going to school this time around...

The hubs has made steaks for dinner, so I guess I better get some dinner and then hit the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment